Heavy duty and permeable epoxy resin jointing compound for residential and commercial applications. For use where high strength or tolerance to water is required.
- Pedestrian and light/medium weight vehicles
- Swimming pool decks
- Chemical and water tolerant
- Mechanical sweeper resistant
- Can be applied in wet conditions
- Withstands frost and ice
- Available in 3 colours
EASYJoint or EASYJoint PRO ? Compare here
Available in 3 excellent colours
EASYJoint PRO is available to buy in 3 colours as shown below. Colours may vary slightly due to colour differences on monitors and may not be a true reflection of the final product.
Which colour combination?
These swatches are only a guide and colours may differ. Note: Over time Natural Stone fades, some more than others, in particular Black limestone.
Black Limestone (faded)
Black Limestone (enhanced)
Slate - Lime Green
Please contact us for coverage information.
What is EASYJoint PRO and how does it differ from the original EASYJoint?
EASYJoint PRO is two-part epoxy compound for use as a paving joint filler. It has a coated sand and a separate activator which require mixing before use unlike regular EASYJoint which is a different composition, premixed in a factory. EASYJoint PRO will cure in any conditions once mixed.
Where can I use EASYJoint PRO?
EASYJoint PRO can be used on any paving type however its strength and tolerance to water make it most suitable for driveways, commercial areas, areas with poor drainage and swimming pool terraces.
Can I keep EASYJoint PRO for later use once mixed?
No, because there is a chemical reaction when the two components are mixed, it is impossible to stop this. Unused product must be discarded at a suitable waste facility.
What happens if it rains as I’m using EASYJoint PRO?
Light rain is not a problem however, prolonged heavy rain may weaken the epoxy and reduce its strength. It is recommended not to use the product if rain is a possibility. Areas should be covered if rain occurs before the product has cured.
I didn’t pre-seal my paving as recommended. There is a shiny residue on the paving surface. How do I clean this?
Azpects EASY Sealer Remover is a high strength stripper which will dissolve the epoxy residue. Care must be taken to avoid damage to surrounding areas including UPVC frames, artificial/real grass and plants when washing off this product.
General Information, Precautions and Expectations
Over time, the visual appearance of the joint will change as a result of natural environmental and climatic conditions (see under Site Conditions). EASYJoint Pro is porous and will therefore discolour over time as a result of surface grit and dust being washed through the joint. This can be cleaned and refreshed by pressure washing, bringing both the porosity and look of the joint close to its original state.
Due to the nature of epoxy resins, a fine residue will remain but this will, over time, fade and in most cases eventually disappear, but no guarantee of this is given or implied. DO NOT RINSE THE AREA AND COVER IF RAIN IS LIKELY WITH SIX HOURS OF APPLICATION.
Pre-sealing the paving 24 hours before using EASYJoint Pro is highly recommended. EASYSeal Ultimate is a high-quality sealer which will help protect most paving types by preventing the ingress of the resin contained in EASYJoint Pro. For porcelain paving, use EASYSeal Porcelain Sealer.
The compressive and flexural strength of EASYJoint Pro is such that it will adequately take the forces exerted by pedestrians, domestic cars and medium weight commercial vehicles. It will also withstand mechanical cleaning by pressure washing and road sweepers. EASYJoint Pro is not designed to form a structural part of the paving installation. The integrity of the project can only be maintained if the surface material is adequately bedded into the base which, in turn, is constructed to an appropriate specification.
The curing time depends on a number of factors - weather, air and surface temperatures and the amount of water used during the installation. In perfect conditions the joint should set firm approx. 24-48hrs, after which pedestrian traffic is permissible. Vehicular traffic should be avoided for at least 5 days after the joint has set. The strengthening process continues for 28 days thereafter. Cold temperatures and the use of excessive water during application can extend these curing times substantially.
The soles of footwear may pick up some EASYJoint Pro during the application process. It is recommended that boot/shoe covers are worn during the application process and removed before walking on the finished surface. At the veryleast, if covers are not worn, the soles of footwear should be thoroughly cleaned before walking across dried (or drying) paving to avoid leaving “footmarks”. For similar reasons, do not use the same broom that was used to apply the EASYJoint Pro to clear the surface afterwards; it will be contaminated and may leave marks.
Wash tools with warm soapy water as soon as possible after use and before the resin has cured.
How to use
WARNING! VERY IMPORTANT
Regular users of EASYJoint should pay particular attention to these instructions because EASYJoint PRO is not simply a stronger version of EASYJoint. It is an EPOXY RESIN based product and behaves very differently from the regular EASYJoint.
Please fully read this instruction leaflet before commencing application and pay particular attention to the comparison table below to understand the differences:
EASYJoint and EASYJoint PRO Comparison Chart
|Components in tub
||A single component product comprising sand which is coated and pre-mixed with a chemical formulation
||A two-component product comprising EPOXY RESIN coated sand and an Activator
||Cured by a chemical reaction
|Water resistant/water tolerant
||Water resistant - can be applied using running water from a hose and/or during rainfall. Will not cure if left under water or does not dry sufficiently
||Water tolerant - use with minimal water. Will cure in areas with standing water but must not be subjected to constant running water during curing as this will severally compromise the strength of the product
|Suitable for use
Light vehicular area (domestic car)
Commercial pedestrian zones (resists mechanical sweeping)
Light and medium traffic areas (domestic car, vans/trucks up to approx. 7 tonne)
||Cannot be used where water is continuously present or is very slow to drain away. The base of the project must be permeable
||Pre-wet the paving surface and keep wet during application. Sensitive materials may need pre-sealing to avoid marking
||It is strongly recommended to pre-seal the paving to help reduce the amount of epoxy residue being absorbed into the paving.
Natural stone and concrete paving must be thoroughly soaked before use. Porcelain must be wetted. Do not leave puddles of water on the surface or in the joint cavity.
Before using EASYJoint PRO - READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY
It cannot be stated strongly enough that this product, whist giving a strong, long lasting result, must be applied with caution and the instructions must be followed without deviation. Failure to do so may cause undesirable results that are difficult or impossible to rectify.
- General. It is not the intention of these instructions to deter the use of this product, but users must be aware that careful application and strict observance of the instructions are paramount for a successful outcome. This product, and alternative brands of this type of product, all have the same restrictions and covenants in their use. Failure to follow these instructions can cause undesirable outcomes.
- Expectations. If used in accordance with these instructions, the product will set hard and provide a durable and strong joint. It will, however, normally leave a slight sheen across the paving. This may appear patchy due to varying levels of absorbency of the surface material. Pre-sealing the paving will minimise this effect (which in many cases is imperceptible anyway) but may not eliminate it completely. This residue will, over time, fade and in most cases eventually disappear, but no guarantee of this is given or implied.
- Users responsibility. Neither the Manufacturer nor Supplier can be aware of all the applications and materials the product may be used with and it is the user’s responsibility to ensure suitability for use. Neither the Manufacturer nor Supplier accepts liability for:
a. Joint failure from inherent site conditions or incorrect installation methods
b. Changes in appearance of the paving surfaces as a result of using EASYJoint PRO nor
c. Any visual changes to the joint over the course of time
Users are strongly recommended to carry out a test area before committing to the whole area.
- Key Installation Points. To avoid a disappointing outcome:
a. Always mix for the prescribed times to ensure that all particles of the sand have been thoroughly mixed
b. Apply using the minimum amount of water possible
c. Do not try to remove residue resin from the paving surface by washing it down with more water. Such actions may cause the residue to become sticky and will result in a weaker joint that can take a very long time to cure
d. Do not commence the installation if persistent, heavy rain is forecast within 6 hours of jointing
e. Surface and air temperatures should be between 5º and 25ºC (41º and 77ºF)
- Pre-Sealing. It is best practice to seal all paving with an appropriate product from the EASYSeal range at least 24 hours before installing EASYJoint PRO. This will reduce the amount of epoxy residue adhering to the paving surface but not fully prevent it.
a. It is important to realise that different paving materials have different absorption rates. The amount of sealer required is affected not only by porosity of the paving but also by its texture. It is important to put enough sealer on to protect the paving but not so much that it pools on the surface
b. The coverage rates on the bottle are a guide and should not be relied upon
- Use of water. During application, in order to maintain a slurry consistency and aid sand movement, it is possible to spray the surface and compound very lightly with water using a "misting setting" with the hose nozzle. NEVER flood with water at any point during installation as too much water will affect the setting times, may cause a sticky surface residue and reduce the final strength of the product.
- Site Conditions - It is always better for paving projects to be free draining. Wherever possible users are encouraged to build the project to incorporate such a base. Whilst the presence of water or persistently damp conditions will not compromise the integrity of EASYJoint Pro, such conditions will encourage the growth of algae, moss and other contaminants, affecting the look of the joint. Ensure the project has a suitable "fall" to allow surface water to drain away.
- Weather Conditions
Working Temperatures. Air and paving surface temperatures must be above 5ºC (41ºF) and below 25ºC (77ºF). Working at low temperatures will significantly slow the curing process. Freezing temperatures will damage the resin product. Water used in the mixing process must be over 5ºC (41ºF).
Working at high temperatures causes the compound to set quickly, which makes it difficult to apply. Fast curing (caused by excessive heat) can cause hairline cracking during the curing process.
Rainfall. Do not plan to install EASYJoint Pro during rainfall. The product is best applied in dry conditions and when rain is not forecast for at least 6 hours after installation. Should an unexpected light rain shower occur during the installation, it is unlikely to damage or compromise the quality or look of the joints but heavy rain can leave a sticky surface and cause a reduction in joint strength.
Should heavy rain fall, immediately cover the jointed area and resume jointing once the rain has passed and the surface is free of puddles.
- Joint Dimensions
For pedestrian paving on a solid foundation: min. 5mm wide x 20mm deep (approx. 3/16” wide x 3/4” deep). For pedestrian paving on a sand or crushed aggregate foundation: min. 5mm wide x 20mm deep (approx. 3/16” wide x 3/4” deep). For vehicular traffic, the depths should be increased to 30mm (1 3/16”).
Ensure that the minimum gap width (or wider) is maintained throughout the full depth of the paving material. When working with thin paving material it is difficult to achieve the correct depth. In such cases, to achieve the required depth, create a channel in the base material by running the tip of a trowel around the exposed edges of each paver.
- Colour and Shades - EASYJoint Pro is made from natural aggregates and shades can vary. Colours depicted on the Azpects websites are representative only and must not be regarded as exact. To ensure shades of colour are consistent throughout the project, ensure all product is purchased from the same batch.
- Do not commence the installation if persistent, heavy rain is forecast within 6 hours of completing the jointing.
- Surface and air temperatures should be between 5ºC and 25ºC (41ºF and 77ºF).
- Squeegee or stiff bristle broom.
- Clean, soft bristle broom.
- Professional grade paddle mixer.
- Hose/water supply.
- Thoroughly pre-soak paving but do not leave puddles of water. For porcelain paving, wet the surface.
- The paving needs to be kept damp throughout the installation process.
- Remove the activator bottle from the EASYJoint Pro tub.
- Mix the sand in the bucket for approximately 1 minute to make sure all areas are free flowing and to ensure even distribution of the sand coating.
- Carefully empty the content of the activator bottle into the sand, ensuring all the liquid is used.
- Mix thoroughly until the mixture has a creamy consistency. This will take between 4 and 6 minutes. Do not exceed 6 minutes mixing. Shortcutting this process can seriously affect the outcome of the installation.
- 1/4 Fill the empty Activator bottle with clean water.
- Carefully replace lid and shake well to aid washing out any remaining Activator liquid.
- Empty contents into mixed sand.
- Mix the sand and water for a further 3 minutes to create a pourable slurry. This is not an exact science. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more water until the correct consistency is reached - no more than a further ¼ bottle.
- Ensuring paving is still wet, pour the tub contents over a small area of paving.
- Using a squeegee or broom, spread the slurry over the paving, working diagonally to the joints.
- Work quickly, moving across the paving.
- Slumped joints can be topped up at the end of the installation.
- Spray very lightly with water to maintain slurry consistency and aid sand movement. NEVER flood with water at any point during installation as too much water will affect the setting times and final strength of the product.
- Sweep paving using a clean broom, leaving as little of the compound on the surface as possible.
- Adding a fine mist of water may assist cleaning but DO NOT WASH THE SURFACE!
- It is important to sweep the paving as clean as possible to ensure best results. Using a leaf blower to disperse fine sand grains is a top tip from many professional installers.