The EASY solution to remove Algae, Mould and light infestations of Lichen.
EASY Algae Remover is a professional strength product but suitable for DIY use. The easy to use formula can be used on paths, patios, decking, walls, fences, roofs, garden furniture, statues and memorials. Our 1L concentrate bottle makes upto 50 litres of product, cleaning up to 250sq metres - meaning less packaging, less space and better performance. For those wanting to cover a smaller area we have a handy sized ready-to-use trigger spray. All this adds up to better choice & value.
Our Algae remover does not contain solvents, acids or caustic soda and is used by professionals, landscapers and gardeners alike.
Like its sister product EASYCare Patio & Deck Cleaner, the active ingredients will continue working for up to 12 months after application. In fact, 2 or 3 weeks after initial use, your surface is cleaner than when it was first applied.
For more stubborn areas of Lichen, please click here to see EASY Black Spot Remover, it kills the lichen spores and enables the Black Spot to be pressure washed away.
1 Litre mixer bottle - Up to 80 metres squared (1 litre makes 16 litres)
Trigger Spray - Ideal for small problem areas
Features & Benefits
- See results in hours
- Continues working for up to 12 months
- Will not damage natural stone
- Can be used on decking, patios, fences, walls, gravel, tarmac, masonry and metal/plastic garden furniture
- Easy to use
- 1 litre bottle makes up to 50 litres
- Covers up to 250m²
Can I use Algae remover on walls and fencing or is it just for paving?
You can use our EASY Algae remover, to kill and remove algae, on most exterior surfaces including decking, brickwork, paving, gravel, ornaments and garden furniture.
I have a limestone patio which is apparently sensitive to staining, will it be safe to use Algae remover on it?
Yes EASY Algae remover is safe to use on natural stone such as granite, marble, limestone and sandstone. EASY Algae removing does not contain solvents, acids or caustic soda.
How soon can I expect to see results from using the algae remover?
Results often show after a few hours but EASY Algae remover continues to work for up to 12 months, it keeps cleaning for months after the application.
Can I stop algae returning?
Our EASY Algae remover continues working for up to 12 months however an annual treatment will ensure your paving continues to be algae free.
I still have black and white spots on my patio why hasn’t the Algae Remover removed them?
These spots are lichen and are very difficult to remove even with a pressure washer. Whilst EASY Algae remover can remove light infestation you should ideally use EASY Black Spot Remover which has been formulated to kill the lichen spores which will then enable you to pressure wash them away, it is a very effective product for removing black and white lichen.
How do you apply Algae Remover?
Having made up a solution from the concentrate, EASY Algae Remover covers upto 250 sq metres. A 1 Litre bottle makes upto 50L of Algae Remover.
Brief usage instructions
- Brush away leaves and debris before applying
- Shake well before use
- Do not apply if rain is expected within 4 hours
- Add 1 measure (100ml) to 5ltr of clean water and mix thoroughly
- Apply using a spray, watering can or brush, at a coverage rate of:
Dilute 1 dose (100ml) for light contamination in 5 litres water
Dilute 2 to 3 doses for heavy contamination in 5 litres water
- Ensure heavy growth areas are saturated
- Results start to show in 24 hours. Easy Algae Remover continues to work for up to 12 months
- Always consult MSDS sheet before use.
- Contact our technical department for additional advice on use
- Protect any surface or area not being treated.
- Store and use between 5C - 30C
- Never mix or add any other cleaners or acid to the product Keep away from plants Keep away animals and pets until cleaning process is complete and surface is dry
Statutory Conditions Relating to use
- For use only as a surface biocide
- Contains Benzalkonium Chloride
- Approved under Control of Pesticides Regulation 1986. HSE No.9648
- Causes severe skin burns and eye damage
- May be corrosive to metals
- Harmful if swallowed
- Very toxic to aquatic life
- Keep out of reach of children
- Wash hands thoroughly after handling
- Wear protective gloves /protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
- Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area
- Do not breathe vapour
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing
- Dispose of in accordance with national/local regulations
- Store locked up