You have eight products in your range, what makes them different?
We have a sealer comparison chart that explains at a glance what the main features of each sealer does. Each sealer has been designed to make the job of sealing easier, quicker or both.
I would like to seal my blocked paved driveway, what is the best product for this?
Ideally you should buy BCS (Block and contract), it contains a sand binder and will water proof the whole area, it is also very hard wearing. You could also consider Contract which does a similar job but in a different way, it is cheaper than BCS but will not wear as well, BCS also contains more sand binder than contract.
Have you got a sealer that will still allow the stone to breathe and won’t leave a shiny, or enhanced surface?
Yes, there is a choice of sealers. Our basic sealer is SSP, it’s very good and the most popular sealer in our range. Then there is EASYSeal Ultimate, it contains an added formula ‘Dirt Defence’ which gives the seal an added strength, that makes it harder wearing, it is also water based.
I am about to get my patio cleaned but it is looking dull, I understand you have a sealer that enhances the stone is that right?
Yes, we have two excellent colour enhancers that also seal your paving, these are suitable for most types of natural stone and have been specifically designed to treat and protect Slate, limestone and sandstone. EASYSeal Sandstone Sealer Enhancer and EASYSeal Slate & Limestone Sealer Enhancer - both are designed to impregnate the surface bringing out the natural colour and patterns in the natural stone. By incorporating the sealing and enhancing process, in one application, we have made your job easier and quicker. Unlike most other sealers, our EASYSealers can be used before jointing paving, because they are water based sealers and allow natural stone to breathe thus allowing salts and efflorescence to pass freely through the natural stone paving and wash away from the surface. Beware other sealers that can’t be applied for up to six months and can trap the salts under the surface of the sealer, leaving a horrible milky finish!
I have an exposed wall that takes an age to dry out after it rains, will your sealers work on it?
The product you need is Water Seal Plus, it contains a formula that will not only seal the brickwork preventing further penetration it actually allows trapped water within the bricks to exit. As a result it may actually increase the thermal properties of your home.
I am about to lay a new patio down, when should I seal the paving?
Where ever possible seal the paving before you joint it, the advantages are two fold, not only will you be able to seal the top and sides of the stone, giving it better protection, you will also note that it is not recommended that the paving is sealed for 4 weeks after using EASYjoint. For particularly sensitive stone such as Granite, Black Limestone & Modak we recommend all six sides of the stone are sealed. It is possible for contaminants to be drawn from the sub base into the stone and to the surface.
I have a patio that was sealed several years ago and it looks like there are trapped deposits between the stone surface and sealer. What can I do?
The old sealer that was used can’t have allowed the stone to ‘breathe’ and has trapped salt deposits under the surface of the sealer. Often salts are released from natural stone, normally within 6 months of laying new stone. Firstly you will need to remove the old sealer, you can do this with EASYCare sealer remover to expose the natural stone, it can then be cleaned and re-sealed using a sealer from the EASYSeal range: EASYSeal SSP, Ultimate, Enhancer or Slate & Lime Sealer Enhancer all allow stone to breathe and will not trap salt deposits – thus avoiding those unsightly white stains. If the efflorescence is difficult to remove use EASY Efflorescence Destroyer before sealing it.
Note: Not all white deposits are Efflorescence, for hard calcium deposits you will need to use EASY Mortar Stain and Calcium Remover .
Brief usage instructions
ALWAYS TEST A SMALL HIDDEN AREA BEFORE USE
- Do not use on a previously treated or painted surfaces
- Surface should be clean, dry and free from mould, algae and efflorescence before applying. If the surface has been cleaned prior to application, all traces of the cleaner must be removed with a pressure washer, as remaining residue could render the surface impermeable.
- Ensure the surface is completely dry prior to application
- Keep children & pets/animals away until process is complete and surface is dry.
- Ideal operating temperature between 10 degrees Celsius & 20 degrees Celsius. As a guide ensure the surface is cool to touch.
- Do not apply in damp/wet conditions or if rain is expected within 24 hours of application.
- Do not apply during frost or when temperature is below 5 degrees Celsius. When used in cooler temperatures effectiveness may be reduced & longer drying time may be required.
SHAKE WELL FOR 30 SECONDS BEFORE EACH USE
- Using a long pile roller or low pressure sprayer, apply a generous even coat.
- Mop up pooling with rag or lint free cloth as you go.
Decking and Timber Floors:
- On brand new bare decking apply 1 generous coat.
- On 2 – 5 year old decking apply 2 coats
- 5+ year old decking apply 2 – 3 coats depending on porosity
On all other wood structures:
- Apply 1 or 2 coats depending on porosity. If liquid disappears from surface quickly, apply a 2nd coat within 1 hour of the first. Improved performance is achieved by applying subsequent coats 1 – 2 hours after the previous coat is touch dry. Full performance is reached in 3 – 7 days depending on the timber.
- Allow product to cure for 24 hours before subjecting to heavy use – increase this time in cold damp conditions
- Clean regularly with a non-abrasive cleaner to maintain the slip resistant properties of the treated surface.
- Spillages or contaminants such as grease, oil, algae etc, should be removed immediately.
- Re-treat with EASY Deck Protect as necessary to maintain optimum performance.
- Lightly used surfaces will last longer. Heavy traffic areas may need re-treating more frequently.
Note: Coverage depends on the porosity of the surface & its texture. If the surface is particularly uneven or porous, more liquid will be used.
Store between 5 degrees Celsius and 25 degrees Celsius.
Keep out of direct sunlight and protect from frost.